ABOUT ROCKYWOOD FARM
Preserving the Family Homestead
In the early 1920's, this farm was started with land purchased in 1913 and 1922 by maternal grandparents, Harvey Joseph Losey and Anne Harriet (Hutt) Losey as a chicken egg and meat producing family farm.
During the Great Depression, the farm discontinued operation due to lack of available chicken feed.
The original chicken coop still stands and can be seen on the north edge of the property.
This five acre parcel, centrally located in the heart of Newton, has been maintained and cared for by our deceased Mother, Charlotte Losey Huff Klingener, and by her children and their families since our Grandfather's passing in 1971.
In 2016, Rockywood Farm was reestablished with the vision of being Newton's Neighborhood Farm while offering organic agriculture to Newton residents.
Maryann Huff Casciano
Owner / Steward of the Land